This is a whole new era for online dating, as we are literally only able safely connect through the internet. Now, just because online dating has been taken to a whole new, literal level, does not mean there isn’t an upside to it. The time has come for us to get creative, embrace those awkward moments and take a chance on getting to know someone from a distance. Check out these 5 online dating tips from our in house influencer (who happens to also be HER’s Head of Sales), Max.
- If you can, use a video platform on your laptop, so you don’t have to hold your phone. This way you can sit more naturally and have a better view of each other
- Don’t be afraid to use a more “corporate” video platform like Skype or Zoom. You’re better off being a bit nerdy and actually being able to hear and see each other properly
- Plan it like an actual date – it might feel weird but choose a day and time in advance and stick to it. Make the other person feel like they’re important to you
- Dress up – again, it might feel weird BUT it’s a good excuse to make yourself feel good, too. Get ready and wear clothes you wouldn’t usually at home, plus it makes the date feel more special
- Go even further and theme it – on one of my dates last week we went for fancy and I ended up wearing my tux. It was FUN!
In general – Push past the awkwardness, you both know this isn’t how we usually date. But if you relax, it’s fun and a great way to get to know someone. Also! Video – phone – sex is great, but that’s a topic for a different blog post 😉