HER App Guidelines:
HER Community Guidelines are here for YOU. To make HER a place where everyone can unapologetically be themselves, feel safe and build wonderful relationships that are based on trust, identity and community.
What we LOVE seeing:
- There will be lots of opinions in the community – respect others comments, engage in fun humor and be appropriate. No judgement, no drama.
- We want to encourage love, open minds, and comfort.
- Trust that everyone in the app is here with good intentions. If someone says something that is unintentionally hurtful, name it. This could lead to a better understanding for the person and the community.
- Diverse content to connect the commonalities among people in the community
- Show value in each other. People take the time out of their day to be vulnerable, open and themselves. Acknowledge each other, comment, have discussions and pay it forward
- These communities are for LGBTQ+ womxn, trans and non-binary people to be able to discuss and share in a space that is exclusively for them. Respect is absolutely required when engaging with other HER Community Members
- Have a good time:
- Whether in person or on the app, we want you to fully enjoy the community we have within HER
- Post links, questions, gifs and comment on posts related to the communities you have joined and the topics they are about
- This is an area for you to connect with more people. Ask a question, start a photo thread, share what’s trending and join the conversation
- It is required to have a profile image of yourself to verify your identity. We understand not everyone feels comfortable/safe enough to do so, we will be releasing a tool in the near future to help with this.
- Only post photos of yourself. Don’t post photos of anyone else, unless you are included in the image. If it doesn’t belong to you, don’t share it.
- Third party content can be shared, but don’t take credit for content that is not yours.
- No Copyright/Revenge Posts: This Community will not tolerate revenge porn, posts from Pornhub, Redtube, etc., trafficking, or selling of photos. If it doesn’t belong to you, don’t post. If this has happened to you, please share the post to email@example.com so we can remove it immediately.
Speaking of Photos and Posts:
Here’s what not to do:
- NUDES – sorry, we can’t #freethenipple in the entire app until Apple & Google change their policies. Please keep everything covered. This means no genitals, no nipples, butts, etc. we want to keep the app open for you all to connect. Any posts of this nature could result in removal from the app
- NO bullying or shaming behavior – here you can sit with us. Everyone has their preference, do not judge if they are different than your own. No hate speech, unnecessary drama, fighting, vulgar language, triggers, etc.
- NO fake news. Just. Don’t.
- NO self advertising. Kik, Instagram handles, snapchat, phone numbers, etc. all that can go down in the DM’s, We want to keep the space active for users to engage, not another platform to gain followers
- NO purposeful triggers. Everybody has a story, be respectful
- NO spamming or scamming. This means personal information, posting the same thing in every community, social media handles, cashapps, etc. You will be warned, and if you continue then you will be removed from the app.
- NO cross posting. Any post seen more than 5 times (either in one Community or across more than one Community) will be removed
Any post or profile is at liberty to be removed by HER staff or HER moderators if they do not comply with the community rules
All HER users are automatically a member of this community. We are all different shapes, sizes, colors, identities and that’s pretty badass that we can share this space together. We have a zero tolerance policy on HER for any phobic, discriminatory, aggressive, shaming, abusive/harassing, racist, sexist, ableism, ageism, trolling, attacking and/or graphic behavior. Treat people the way you want to be treated (as cheesy as it sounds, you know it’s true) and report those who aren’t following these guidelines in any way, shape or form. Profiles are at liberty for being removed from the in app space if these behaviors are displayed.
Age is only a number…
And in this case the number is 18+. No one under the age of 18 is allowed on the app. We know FOMO is real, but you can follow us on all of our social media platforms until you reach 18 🙌
As much as we love unicorns, please don’t come to find yours within the app. Community members are not here to fulfill a fetish, there are other spaces for this. Open relationship? Polyamory? Loving freely? Awesome! Anything else will be removed from the app
Any behavior breaking the law of your local territory will be removed and made available to relevant authorities.
Profiles are suspended for breaking any of the community guidelines, engaging in illegal activity and fake profiles. If you feel that your profile does not fit the reasons listed above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Email address linked to your Facebook account
- Your Instagram username
- Phone number
- First and Last Name and/or Nickname on the app
In App Safety:
Fake people and Fake profiles have no place on HER. While we do all we can to prevent this from occurring, we want you to have the resources to safely navigate this online space. If at any point you feel unsafe, uncomfortable or that the person you are talking with is suspicious please do the following:
- Report the profile by tapping the “^” arrow on their profile. Scroll to the bottom of their profile and select “Report Profile” and select the reason you are reporting
- If it is a more serious issue and you feel in danger, please contact local authorities and then share the profile to email@example.com before reporting the profile
- To share the profile you tap the “^” arrow on their profile > scroll to the bottom of their profile> Choose share profile
- Please read about scammer safety here
We have moderators within each community. Moderators are volunteers who are giving their personal time to help keep the community a safe space for everyone. They can’t see every comment or read every post, but they work extremely hard to review. It is important that as a community member, if you see a post or comment that breaks community guidelines to please report it so that we can get it removed as quickly as possible. If you see something that needs to be dealt with immediately, you can also send the link/post/profile to firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed. If you are ever interested in being a moderator, reach out to the moderators of the community you are interested in and they will be happy to discuss with you.
We understand everyone has battles that they are working through. Here are some resources to help you fight, and seek the support you need. You’ve got this. Most of these resources are available in the USA, Canada, U.K and Australia, but have links to worldwide resources.
- PFlag – PFlag is the nation’s largest family and ally organization.
- GLAAD: Transgender Resources – GLAAD amplifies the voices of the LGBT community by ensuring that the stories of LGBT people are shared through the media
- OStem – Out in science, technology, engineering and mathematics is a non-profit professional society focused on LGBTQ people in the STEM community
- The Canada Lifeline – a registered non-profit committed to positive mental health and suicide prevention in Canada and Worldwide
- Australia ReachOut – ReachOut is Australia’s leading online mental health organisation
- Black Dog Institute – a translational research institute that aims to reduce the incidence of mental health illness and the stigma around it
Questions about the community guidelines? You can ask questions in the HER community or contact email@example.com