So we totally launched in Portland this weekend at Pride, so a big Hi to all of our new users in the North West! This coming weekend we’ll be live in New York and you can still register for early access by requesting NEW YORK inside the Dattch app.
We’re super excited to be launching on the East Coast and we’re doing it at the Queer Women Who Tech conference and to celebrate, we have a special discount code to get you 50% off of tickets for the summit, so don’t miss out on this huge tech event! We also want to get to know the Big Apple a little better. Who are the biggest, baddest women on the New York scene who we should absolutely talk to? Let our Emily know by popping her an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’re not saying Frozen hasn’t been an obsession of ours for a while now (we can’t Let It Go – sorry) but we have to admit that it’s not perfect. Luckily, the Internet is always on hand to tear down our heroes and Cinema Sins has created a video showing all the fails in Frozen.
- After some recently moronic comments about female characters in computer games being harder to animate than male ones, Autostraddle published a great article about how this is the dumbest of dumb.
- Out actress Sarah Paulson gave a sneak peek of the upcoming series of American Horror Story. The show is set in a different world each season and this year will be centred around the Freak Show world of the circus. Paulson revealed she will be playing a two-headed character with two personalities of Bette and Dot.
- Barack Obama being cute with this baby proves he should really just adopt us.
- The World Cup also started…but we’re sick of seeing it everywhere so we’re not gonna link to anything!
- The genius that is actress Uzo Aduba made a ‘leaked’ audition tape for Funny Or Die where she takes on the roles of other Orange Is The New Black characters. Ever wondered what Crazy Eyes playing Red would look like? Check it out.
- Speaking of OITNB, there’s an app for that!
- Sarah Brown pens a great piece over on XOJane about her experience coming out as gay everyday. We feel you girl, we feel you.
- If you’ve ever hated running into a group of women on a hen night, this is for you.
- How to go from shoplifter to CEO: Nasty Gal founder Sophia Amoruso tells the Telegraph her story.
- And finally, these cats are so over you trying to kiss them.