Five For Friday
You may not be a DJ with extra time set aside to comb through all the music that comes out every day. I am a DJ and I know there’s never enough time to listen to everything. At HER we want to make it easy for you to listen to great songs that are a must-hear. Pop, rock, country, hip-hop, EDM, latin, here’s our first “Five For Friday,” #FFF list. 5 songs you’ll want to listen to right NOW!
1. Madonna “Bitch I’m Madonna” – SHE’S BACK! This is her majesty’s 13th, count ‘em 13th, studio album. At 56, Madonna’s still proving she is and always will be a force to be reckoned with. Teaming up with Nicki Minaj and Diplo on this track for her album Rebel Heart, here’s “Bitch I’m Madonna”. Get the album this coming Tuesday in the U.S.
2. Jack Ü “Take Me There” (Missy Elliott Remix) – Talk about ‘she’s back;’ Missy Elliott was the highlight of this year’s Super Bowl halftime show after a 9-year hiatus from music. No offense to Katy Perry and the dancing palm trees, but she stole the show. We’ve been waiting for a new rhyme, a new verse, a new “Ti esrever dna ti pilf nwod gniht ym tup I” for years.
3. Kanye West “All Day” – You may like his wife’s booty more than what comes out of his mouth, but Kanye is good. Real good on “All Day”. With his new BFF, Paul McCartney, and fellow rappers Allan Kingdom and Theophilus London, they nailed it!
4. Brandi Carlile “Wherever Is Your Heart” – Her new album, The Firewatcher’s Daughter was recorded mostly in one take with no rehearsing. Now with a 10 year music career, motherhood, and wifehood on her resume this album is a true reflection of what a gifted woman and artist Brandi really is.
5. Alabama Shakes “Gimme All Your Love” – How can you not love this nitty gritty Alabama band? Especially with powerhouse Brittany Howard belting vocals and rockin’ out on guitar! Take a listen to hear why they are truly America’s band with the biggest heart and soul.
You can follow me on Spotify to hear all the music that I’m listening to anytime, anywhere.